Friday, September 25, 2009

GeekSpazzReality - Joe gets 'educated' by Microsoft



www.tips-fb.com

Here's an explanation - I bought the original Xbox 360 (20gb hard drive) when it first came out in 2005 and considering the epic failure rate I'm quite happy with it cause mine still works. Now we shoot to 2009 and after buying Rock Band and filling the hard drive with songs I've already purchased on cd I need a new hard drive. I looked around and found out that Microsoft offers a 120gb hard drive upgrade but, for some reason it retails for $149. A new Xbox Arcade (no hard drive) retails for $199, the pro goes for $249 (60gb hard drive) and the elite (120gb and fancy black) is going for $299. Got to get the pro at least right? Seems I'm getting a better value (brand new + bigger hard drive!) Turns out that Microsoft is currently offering a $50 rebate on the Elite. Let's do the math shall we....
$150 for a 120 gb hard drive + $200 for an xbox arcade $350
$249 (after rebate) for a xbox arcade in black and the 120gb hard drive upgrade
No brainer!
Of course I have to wait 4-6 weeks for this thing to transfer my saves and stuff.

0 comments:

Contributors

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.